Proton Radiation Therapy Locations How Do I Help My 13 Year Old Cousin With Brain Cancer?

How do I help my 13 year old cousin with brain cancer? - proton radiation therapy locations

I have a cousin 13 years, diagnosed with brain tumor. The tumor is found in the brainstem and the doctors who diagnosed him said that it was unusable. Her doctor told her that her parents had a life expectancy of only 2 years.

Many members of my family and I have done to support the research and information to be useful, could not find my cousin. I read on the proton radiation, and because the time was thinking of my cousin, it would be very beneficial.

They live in the Chicago area, but the journey is no problem.

Please, if anyone has a similar experience like this, or knows of good doctors and hospitals know please let me. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

M. D. Anderson Cancer Center has a Proton Therapy Center. They have had good results treating adolescents with similar issues and will talk to you over the phone to see if your cousin is a candidate before coming for a consultation. Visit www.mdanderson.org/protontherapy or call 1-866-632-4PTC (4782). They can usually get you in quickly.

Anonymous said...

Check out MPRI in Bloomington, Indiana - which is closer than MD Anderson. Website is www.mpri.org and phone is 866-487-6774.

Anonymous said...

Contact the University of Florida Proton therapy Institute in Jacksonville, Florida. You can reach them by phone: (904)588-1800, or toll free (877)686-6009 or via the web: http://www.floridaproton.org/contact/contact.html

Anonymous said...

The ProCure Proton Therapy Center in Oklahoma City is open and treating a wide range of tumors including pediatric cancers. You can learn more by visiting www.procure.com/ok or calling (888) 847-2640. Best of luck as you continue to research treatment options.

sweetie said...

OMG! I am sorry for his cousin and his family, no one should have to go through that, especially when young. I will think it should give them as much as possible the support that you know the cause of it through a bad time, I think we should pray for them to be, I may not know, good sound, but because the sentence much. Miracles happen all the time. Tell him to have faith in God, because it does wonders for those who believe in him. I know poeple told them that the doctors courage to live, to 3.6 now and still alive to say, do not lose hope, and as much as possible happy, I know it's hard to do. I'll keep your cousin in my prayers.

11:11 AM said...

Thank you sorry for your cousin, I know how difficult things like this. I would try his cousin, to get to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, but Tennessee St. Jew is the best, if somebody's cousin as they can help. I know that first, you will learn new and everything you want is to find a cure, but just know that some things can be set and raised his cousin spent his last 2 years in hospitals, could have fun. As much time as possible with her. Good luck to you, your cousin and family.

Post a Comment